Penn’s campus can be reached from 30th Street Station by foot (it takes 15 minutes to walk from the station to the heart of campus), by cab, or on SEPTA’s Market-Frankford Line (one stop west to 34th and Market Streets).
The Philadelphia International Airport is located in the Southwest section of the city, approximately 20 minutes from the University of Pennsylvania campus.
- Lady Liberty provides airport shuttle service to and from the Philadelphia International Airport, with door-to-door shuttle service to University City hotels and residences. You can reach them at (215) 724-8888.
- SEPTA has Regional Rail service, which includes an Airport Line that runs directly from the Philadelphia International Airport to the University City station. University City station is only a few steps away from Penn's campus.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)—Philadelphia's mass transit system—operates a coordinated system of bus, subway, elevated train, and trolley lines that cover all of Philadelphia and parts of the surrounding counties. Exact change ($2.25) or a token ($1.80) is required. Weekly and monthly SEPTA TransPasses are also available. Tokens are available at all subway stations, and both TransPasses and tokens can be purchased on campus at the Penn Book Store or online at shop.setpa.org. Fares are subject to change. To check for updated fares and other information you can visit SEPTA's fare section.
Penn is located in an urban setting, so if you choose to drive to campus, allow ample time to park and make your way to our offices or meeting locations. Please note that Penn does not validate parking. There are several parking facilities located on or near campus, as well as metered street parking. Street parking spaces are usually limited to either two or three hours and cost $2 per hour. Some garages may charge a flat fee, and prices vary. Recommended garages and lots include:
- 34th and Chestnut Streets
- 38th and Walnut Streets
- 40th and Walnut Streets
- Penn Museum (South Street and Convention Avenue)
- Sheraton Hotel (36th and Chestnut Streets)